W.O.D.: “The Bear Complex"
Without stopping or dropping the bar, complete the following sequence, seven times:
- Power Clean;
- Front Squat;
- Push Press (have bar land behind head, in rear-rack position);
- Back Squat;
- Push-Press (have bar land on chest, in front-rack position).
Once you’ve completed the sequence seven times consecutively without stopping, drop the bar. Add weight, attempt another sequence of 7. Repeat for a total of five rounds.
- Cherry-Pickers: If you skip this workout because there’s no running in it, or because you’re concerned that “you won’t get enough of a cardiovascular response”, you are MISSING OUT. This is one of the most rewarding CrossFit WOD’s.
- There is no time limit for this progression. Athletes may take as much time or as little time as needed between rounds.
- Once a sequence of seven has been started it can’t be stopped. If you need to rest, you must do so with the bar on your back or on your chest – it may not rest on the ground.
- Athletes are to START LIGHT, and add weight after each completed sequence of seven.